Thank you so much for visiting us. We are on this fantastic roller coaster ride receiving all these wonderful awards from some wonderful people. Hurray! To us and to you for your gentle hearts which makes you share.
So now, you know about our first award; what are we jumping in joy for now? Well, we just received another award, yes, yes, yes, 'A Fabulous Blog' from Sree . Oh! my happiness know no bounds! We feel like the newbie’s in show business who walk away with the ‘Best Fresh Face Award’ or whatever they call it these days. You know what I mean, don’t you?
Oh! how excited we are with all this pampering. Thank you girls! Forgive my repetitive statements I am just delirious with happiness. Now with so much happiness I thought it would be fair to celebrate with some muffins. I know rich moist chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, ribbons and balloons and if you are the drinking kind then champagne would have been ideal for such a wonderful occasion. However, what I have is a quick recipe which anyone can whip up in a matter of minutes. This way we know everyone can try it and have some fun eating them today. You ready? Ok! then let’s go celebrate!
Here is how you make your muffins:
All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 ¾ cup
Sugar (you can do both powdered and granules) - 3 tbspn
Baking Powder - 2 ½ tspn
Salt - ½ tspn
Egg (well beaten) - 1
Milk - ¾ cup
Soft butter / salad oil (sunflower, corn etc.) - 1/2cup
Chocolate chips - ½ cup
Vanilla essence - 2 tspn
1. Mix flour and baking powder sifting them together
2. Add sugar, salt and the chocolate to this
3. To the well beaten egg add oil, milk and vanilla essence
4. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients
5. Fold in using a spatula. Do not over beat because this will make your muffins hard.
6. Spoon the batter into your 12 muffin pan and bake it at 400 degree F in a pre heated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
The recipe is inspired from ‘Better Homes’ recipe book and I have changed a little here and there to make it to my liking.