Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Chocolate Walnut Fudge
Now with the yard weed-free, and an aching body, you will agree that I truly deserve a treat. Then again, who will make it? Since the answer is ‘me’ I decided on a smart, easy, quick and yet delicious dessert. Extremely delicious chocolate fudge! This can be made in 5 minutes, and you only need simple ingredients that most will have handy in their pantry. If you haven't tried this sinfully delicious fudge yet, do it right now. One bite and you'll be hooked for ever!
These are quite addictive; don't blame me for not warning you. ;-)
Semisweet Chocolate morsels- 2 full cups
Sweetened Condensed milk, fat-free/regular- 1 14oz can
Salt- a pinch
Pure Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Chopped Walnuts/any nuts of your choice- 1 cup
1. Line a baking pan that is preferably 8 by 8 inch square, with a parchment paper.
2. Gently heat the condensed milk and chocolate chips together in a thick bottom pan on very low heat. Continuously stir till all the chocolate is melted.
3. Turn off the heat, add vanilla and mix in well.
4. Throw in the chopped walnuts and fold in.
5. Spoon out into the prepared pan and level the top with a spoon or butter knife.
6. Let it cool for an hour, cover with cling paper and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
7. Cut into squares and serve. Store the left-over in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from: internet and Eagle brand condensed milk cover