The peppers, oregano and cheddar flavors the egg to make a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner. The recipe today will serve two.
I am having a party with all these blue painted bits and pieces of a tableware I picked up in Holland, Michigan.
Eggs - 2
Onions - 2 tbspn finely chopped
Bell pepper - 1 cup chopped
Serrano Pepper - 1/2 optional
Garlic - 1 clove
Oregano - 1/2 tspn (if you don't like it too reduce the quantity)
Fine Bread crumbs - 2 Tbspn
Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup
Salt - 1/8 tspn
Butter - 1/2 tbspn
1. Beat egg lightly and set aside
2. Heat butter in a pan and saute the onions, garlic and oregano followed by the peppers.
3. After adding peppers saute for a minute or two. Slid it into the egg with juices if any and mix
4. Add the bread crumbs mix to combine and pour this into a casserole and bake at 325 D F for 30 minutes
5. I used 1 1/2 quart casserole round pan to bake this. The mixture will remain way down at the bottom so you could use a smaller casserole if you like.
Adapted from Paula Deens recipe