Friday, March 4, 2011
This recipe is inspired by 'barefoot contessa.' Recently, I saw her on TV featuring zesty lemon breaded chicken. It looked terrific, and seeing that it was skillet fried I decided to give it a whirl myself. Not disappointed at all, and will definitely keep making it with or without lemon zest.
Having not used any lemon zest, I made a lemon vinaigrette with juice of one lemon and double the quantity of extra virgin olive oil. Spice up the vinaigrette with freshly ground black pepper, and a shallot or two, and you have a fantastic dinner.
Chicken Breast - 3
All-purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tspn
Pepper - generous amount
Egg - 1
Cajun Spice - 1/2 tspn
Butter - for skillet frying
Olive oil - for frying
1. Take each chicken breast in a zip lock bag and without closing it pound the chicken with a mallet or rolling pin
2. Mix flour, Cajun spice, salt and pepper and keep it in a dinner plate
3. In another plate take bread flour and parmesan cheese
4. Beat one egg in a bowl in which you can dip the chicken breast
5. Coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture followed by the egg and lastly coat it with the bread crumbs.
6. Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet and fry the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side
Inspired by Barefoot Contessa's recipe