Bajji can be had with puri, roti or rolled inside a dosa to make masala dosa. Simply made and tasty to eat it's quite a versatile dish. I always associate American mashed potato to our Indian bajji, and have served this to quite a few friends to receive positive raving reviews.
Wholesome potatoes paired with a distant taste of ginger and thai green chilies. You can do a whole lot with this basic recipe. Like I mentioned, eat them with puri, dosa,or wrap them in egg roll sheets and deep fry to make samosa or dip in dosa batter and make bondas. However, you choose to use it this recipe is worth knowing. I hope you enjoy this recipe and the dish.
Boiled Potato - 2 big
Onions - 1/4 cup chopped
Green chilies - 4-6 nos
urad dal - 1/4 tspn
mustard - less than 1/4 tspn
jeera - 1/4 tspn
curry leaves - 1 sprig
chana dal - 1/2 tspn
oil - 1 Tbsp
1. Pressure cook or use any other method to cook your potato making sure you can make a crumbled texture and not paste like smooth.
2. Heat oil in a pan and temper starting with urad dal, mustard, jeera and chana dal
3. Add the onions and green chilies and saute
4. Once onions are translucent add turmeric and stir in well
5. Add the cooked potato that is mashed using a fork into crumbly powdery texture into the pan and stir to get the color of the turmeric evenly.
6. Serve as explained.