Monday, December 20, 2010
The following recipe is mild feel free to tweak the spices to your liking.
Rice - 2 cups (long grain)
Chicken Broth - 4 cups
Tomato Paste - 2 Tbspn
Chili Powder - 1 Tspn (you can avoid this if you don't want it spicy)
Garlic - 4 pods
Onions - 1 cup chopped (about 1 medium onion)
Cumin Powder - 1 Tspn
Anaheim Pepper - 1 (mild pepper) chopped (If you want to replace it with any other pepper of your choice its fine just make sure you know which one is hot and mild)
Oil - 2 Tbspn
1. Wash and drain long grain white rice
2. Saute onions and garlic, when garlic becomes aromatic add rice and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or until th rice crackles
3. Add the tomato paste diluted in about 4 Tbspn of broth and the cumin powder. Mix in. .
4. Pour the remaining broth and bring to a boil. Reduce flame and cook on very low flame until all the water is dry.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve