Tuesday, October 26, 2010
My b-i-l recommends power naps highly. So much that we caught him at it quite a few times through our travelling. But every time he awoke after these naps, he was super enthusiastic, and I decided it was time to test this theory myself. I chose my day for this experiment to be yesterday (after they left), and my power nap ended up being embarrassingly long. That is my excuse for not showing up online yesterday. Let's blame it on power naps shall we? :) However, I am here to make this all right now. I have a dessert which will knock your socks off!
When the family visited, I made some apple cobbler and it was received quite well. If it's that good, then I know you will be interested to know more. Here you are, enjoy!
For the Apple Layer:
Apples - 3 Gala and 2 Granny Smith
Sugar - 1/2 cup and 2 Tbspn granulated Sugar
Flour - 2 Tbspn
Vanilla Essence - 1 Tbspn
Cinnamon Powder - 2 Tspn
Butter - 2 Tbspn
Water - 1/4 tspn
Salt - 1/4 tspn
For the Crust:
Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Butter - 2 Tbspn
Egg - 1 Large
Baking Powder - 1/2 Tspn
Flour - 1/2 Cup
Salt - 1/4 Tspn
1. Peel the apple and cut into small pieces
2. Mix ingredients under "For the Apple Layer"
3. Grease a 9 inch pan with butter and add apple mixture and set aside
1. Beat all the ingredients under 'topping' and spoon over the top of the apple mixture in small portions around.
2. The batter will spread while baking and cover the top.
3. Space the batter out evenly to allow spreading and covering the top while baking.
Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 D F for 35 - 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown
Don't forget to serve it warm with cold vanilla ice cream.