Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Cleveland where I am right now is proving to be quite exciting. Did I tell you there is going to be a Onam Sadya around here.. Broadview Heights Recreation Center, 9543 Broadview Road, Broadview Heights , Oh 44147. This will be on Sep 4th, 6 PM to 10 PM. If you are in Ohio you might want to go take a look. I haven't decided if I am going but it sure is in my mind.
While I go enjoy my rest of the day browsing in blogland I wish you a good day too.
Egg Noodles - 1 packet (200 gm)
Ginger - 1 Tbspn
Garlic - 2 Tbspn
Carrot - 1 julienned
Cabbage - long slender shreds (1 cup packed)
Beans - 20 nos juliened
Soyabean sauce - to taste. I added 2 Tbspn
Green chilies - 2
Shrimp - 10 or 15 in number
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tspn
Oyster sauce - 1 Tbspn
Chili powder - 1/2 tspn
Ground Pepper - 1 tspn (or sprinkle to taste)
1. Cook Noodles as per packet instruction. I run cold water over the cooked noodle and pour and toss it in 1 tbspn of oil and set aside
1. Add oyster sauce, chili powder a little soya sauce and the ginger garlic paste and marinate for 20 minutes
2. Heat a wok or big open pan which can hold the vegetables and noodles together and heat.
3. Pour 1 Tbspn of oil and add the chopped ginger and stir for a couple of seconds and add garlic.
4. Add the marinated prawns and saute for a minute and add the green chilies, beans, carrots and cabbage
5. Once the prawns have turned white or pink (color the shrimp turns to when cooked) depending on the type of shrimp you use add capsicum and stir on high heat to cook the edges
6. Add some remaining soyabean sauce and toss in the cooked noodles
7. Check for salt and taste and add some more soyabean sauce if needed
Notes: You can add 1 tspn of the stir fried chili sauce, maggi chicken bullion 1/2 packet etc to enhance the taste. Aginomoto about 1/4 tspn also will help to enhance the flavors. When I need to add a little spark to the noodle I do that sometimes. On a regular basis prefer to avoid.