Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Ladies Finger/Okra baked and tossed in fried onions
Ladies Finger/ Okra - 1 pound (450 grams)
Worcestershire sauce - 2 tbspn
Pepper - 1 tspn
Onion - 1 medium size
Kanoji/ Onion seed - 1/4 tspn
Chili powder - 1 tspn
Oil - 1 tbspn
1. Wash and pat dry Ladies finger/ okra.
2. Cut the head off and slit till the end and still keeping it together
3. Marinate with ingredients 2 and 3 and salt
4. Spread it on a cookie sheet which is sprayed on lined with oil.
5. Bake at 350 F (150 degree C) for 30 minutes or till Ladies finger/ okra is tender
5. Heat oil in a pan, splutter onion seeds
6. Add onions and on a low fire cook till translucent
7. Add chili powder and turmeric and some sauce or vinegar or plain water to keep the masala from burning (just a sprinkle)
8. Add your baked Okra in and mix well making sure you don't lose the shape or mash the okra
9. Allow the vegetable and masala to blend
Serve with roti or rice and dal curry.
P.S: In case you don't want to use the oven pat dry the ladies finger and add to the pan once the masala is prepared with ingredients 2 and 3 in the masala and not marinated in okra