Friday, June 10, 2011
Prawns and Mango in coconut gravy (Chemmenum Maangayum)
My sister-in-law had her first baby, and we are enjoying this new born in the family. Also, a very dear friend had her baby recently which makes double the fun. I am enjoying listening to the gushing new mothers gush and thrill at the wonderment of new life. Joyful!
I am also getting ready for another move in the near future. Soon, packing and other travel nuisances shall take over my life. Until then I continue to enjoy all your news on facebook and pretty photographs as usual. I hope you will enjoy this curry I have for you today. Have a pleasant weekend my blogger friends.
Prawns – 1 lb
Coconut – 1 cup
Raw Mango – 1 big
Green chili – 4
Chili Powder – 2 tspn
Coriander Powder – 2 tspn
Turmeric – ½ tspn
Shallots – 2
Garlic cloves – 4
Ingredients for Tempering:
Oil (Preferably coconut oil) – 2 tspn
Mustard Seeds – ½ tspn
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Shallots – 1-2
1. Cut mango into big pieces and cook in 1 cup of water with the green chilis till half done
2. Add the prawns and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes depending on the size of each prawn.
3. Grind coconut, shallots, garlic cloves, chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric to a paste and pour over the cooked prawns and mango add water to your desired consistency and let the curry heat through
4. Once done, take off the heat and temper.
5. For tempering – heat oil in a pan let the mustard splutter, add shallots followed by curry leaves and pour over the curry
Sending this to Kerala Kitchen at Magpies Recipes